Wednesday 10 October 2007

Desktop meme


This is my computer desktop - not at my home writing desk but at my office where I do non-fictional work. The fellow in the picture is my cat Red, who loved books but couldn't eat a whole one. He met with an untimely end after picking one fight too many (with a car) and is sorely missed. The damn fool just wasn't into running away. Anyway, he is now buried in my garden and commemorated on my work machine, so that his funny face is the first thing I see when I log onto my machine on a Monday morning.

I was tagged with this meme by Jackie Morris, owner of ginger cats galore, painter of pictures and nature poetry machine. She's not bad with a camera either. I tag no-one though as my strain of the meme was non-contagious. (i.e. I don't have enough blogging friends...)

3 comments:

The Ginger Darlings said...

like it. Funny having someone else's desktop on you machine. I like looking through the books to see what you have.
Think we should do a bookshelf meme instead, just so I can be nosy!
Best go, trolls to chase now and supper to cook.
j

Nick Green said...

Indeed, you can tell a lot from a bookshelf. And yet not. Some tenants of my bookshelf appear to be squatters; I have not read them, have no immediate plans to read them, and am a bit hazy about how they got there. Yet there they are.

I think books breed.

Unknown said...

They certainly breed on my bookshelf. I enjoyed gawking at your bookshelf almost as much as at your cat. I have my cat on my work desktop too and Batman at home.